Cheapest 2000 Dodge Van Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 12, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates? Buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Dodge Caravan insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage on a Dodge and find the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. This article will help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to shop for insurance coverage online.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Getting a lower price on 2000 Dodge Caravan insurance is surprisingly easy. All that’s required is to take the time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate forms to each individual insurance coverage company. Completing one form will get you price quotes from many national carriers. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A different way to get quotes online requires a trip to the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare GEICO, Farmers and Travelers. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to compare rates is to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use exactly the same coverage limits on every quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Dodge Caravan.
More discounts equal less premium
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some must be specially asked for before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on Caravan coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, click this link.
Lesser-known factors impacting Dodge Caravan insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Pay less if you’re married – Getting married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Caravan scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2000 Dodge Caravan by improving your rating. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2000 Dodge Caravan?
- Does my 2000 Dodge Caravan qualify for pleasure use?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, funeral costs, pain medications, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, vandalism, theft, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Caravan resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability – This will cover damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, funeral expenses, emergency aid, attorney fees and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
More quotes. Lower rates.
Budget-conscious 2000 Dodge Caravan insurance can be found both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional information is located below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area