Cheapest 2002 Ford Focus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Ford Focus? Tired of paying out the nose to insure your Ford every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners. You have multiple auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates.
Consumers need to check insurance prices yearly because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest rates for Focus coverage last year you can probably find a better price now. So ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to show you how to quote online to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Are you getting all your discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Focus coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
Where Can I Get Cheap Car Insurance?
Most companies provide prices on the web. This process is pretty easy as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on these and other factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a lower rate.
Rate comparisons made easy
The smarter way to compare rates requires only one form that gets prices from many companies. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons a little more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any of the pricing results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Factors determining your Ford Focus insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2002 Ford Focus by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
When might I need an agent?
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2002 Ford Focus?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings if you change to them.
How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards will be quoted higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Ford Focus insurance.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Focus resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2002 Ford Focus.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, falling objects, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and fire damage. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, surgery and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Shop smart and save
You just learned a lot of information how to save on 2002 Ford Focus insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper insurance is possible both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area