Cheapest 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding cheaper insurance for your Volkswagen Jetta can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance coverage and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Volkswagen and find the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can take time and effort if you don’t understand the easiest way. You can spend your afternoon discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to maximize your effort.
Many insurance companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each company returns a competitive quote based on that data. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for every car insurance company. To compare 2001 Volkswagen Jetta rates now click here to start a free quote.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use the exact same coverages and limits for each price quote. If the quotes have differing limits you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Volkswagen Jetta.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when buying car insurance for Jetta insurance.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to bad drivers.
- Own a Home – Owning a house may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums for Jetta insurance.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- American Family
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in your state.
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my 2001 Volkswagen Jetta covered for smoke damage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for liability – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, pain and suffering and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, hitting a deer, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, dental work and funeral costs. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
More choices the merrier
Discount 2001 Volkswagen Jetta insurance can be bought both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium and not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
We just showed you some good ideas how to save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area