Cheapest 2001 Nissan Altima Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 21, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better car insurance rates for your Nissan Altima? Overpriced Nissan Altima insurance can take a big chunk out of your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to help make ends meet.
Online insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to check car insurance prices once or twice a year since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest price for Altima insurance last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the proper way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Quick Insurance Coverage Quotes
Most major insurance companies allow you to get pricing on their websites. The process is quite simple as you simply enter your required coverages into a form. Upon sending the form, their rating system orders your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest insurance coverage rates.
The smarter way to find cheaper rates requires only one form that obtains quotes from multiple companies. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online shopping much more efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can select any one of the returned quotes. If you find a better price you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and can result in significant savings.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance coverage, click here and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Altima insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click this link.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like hospital visits, nursing services, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive protection – This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, fire damage and vandalism. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Altima from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Nissan Altima.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability – Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, court costs, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area