Cheapest 2004 Nissan Altima Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 13, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for cheap auto insurance on the web can seem to be impossible for consumers new to comparing rates online. When you are looking to insure a used car like a 2004 Nissan Altima, you’re likely looking for a simple process to obtain an auto policy. With a ridiculous number of companies in the marketplace, how can anyone even start to compare the different rates to find the lowest price available?
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
Performing a rate comparison can take time and effort if you don’t utilize the most efficient way. You can spend your afternoon driving to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet for quick rates.
Many companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each company returns a rated price. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company.
The current value of your 2004 Nissan Altima will affect your premium rates. To compare Nissan Altima insurance rates now click here to open in new window.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify which insurance companies to get pricing from. If you would rather choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you are comparing the exact same coverages with each company. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine the best price for your Nissan Altima. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Pay Less for 2004 Nissan Altima Insurance
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for Altima coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for Altima coverage.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance coverage policy, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
Tailor Your Coverage to You
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
Depending on the value of your 2004 Nissan Altima, you may want to opt for basic liability insurance, or if you’ve kept your automobile in pristine condition, you may want to splurge for more comprehensive coverage.
These questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2004 Nissan Altima is worth?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Specific Coverage Details
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your Altima from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses such as surgery, pain medications and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area