2001 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Mercury Grand Marquis? Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to insure your Mercury every month? You are no different than the majority of other car owners. Since consumers have many insurance companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the lowest price insurer.
How to Get Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Performing a rate comparison can take hours if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend countless hours talking to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
All the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and at least one company can give them a price based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company.
To get comparison pricing now click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is buyers cannot specifically choose which companies to receive prices from. If you would rather choose specific providers to compare, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare apples-to-apples coverages for each price quote. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly make a fair comparison for your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim that you can save after switching to their company.
How does each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer might be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t meet these standards will be quoted more money which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why it is so important to compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Why your Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers with severe tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Where you live is a factor – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large cities have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Marriage pays dividends – Getting married helps lower the price on your insurance policy. It means you’re more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
- More miles equals more premium – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your Grand Marquis can cost quite a bit.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Jobs such as lawyers, executives and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and retirees pay the least on Grand Marquis insurance.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Mercury Grand Marquis is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some companies give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
Save on Mercury Grand Marquis insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Most are applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Grand Marquis insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Companies that may offer these discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What if I total my 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis and owe more than it’s worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, EMT expenses and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This coverage pays for damage to your Grand Marquis resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance can be bought from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area