Cheapest 1999 Porsche 911 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Perplexed by the number of auto insurance options? Lot’s of other consumers are too. You have so many options that it can easily become a lot of work to locate the lowest price.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Buying the lowest cost auto insurance coverage is not that difficult. Nevertheless, car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts, follow this link.
How can Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm save drivers who switch?
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you change to them. How do they all say the same thing?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk could be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who are not a match for these standards will be charged higher rates which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way companies can advertise the way they do. That is why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Porsche 911 insurance rates.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage options for a 1999 Porsche 911
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 1999 Porsche 911.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for doctor visits, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, vandalism and hitting a deer. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
A penny saved is a penny earned
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on 1999 Porsche 911 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area