Cheapest 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for the cheapest car insurance on the web is problematic for beginners to shopping for insurance online. With dozens of insurance companies available, how can anyone even start to compare every one to find the cheapest available price?
Comparison of Insurance
There are multiple methods to compare 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance quotes, but some are easier and takes less work. You can waste hours driving to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get prices fast.
Many insurance companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and every company can provide price quotes based on that data. This eliminates the need for quote requests to every company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to using this type of form is you are unable to specify which insurance companies to receive prices from. So if you want to select specific providers to compare prices, we have a page of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you have different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Mercury Grand Marquis. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates can be determined by these details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies award better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most insurers will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your 1999 Grand Marquis policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Best discounts on 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis coverage
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis to commute?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, rock chips in glass, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Grand Marquis resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, medical expenses and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Have money to burn
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation or high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read some good ideas how to lower your 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional insurance information is located at the links below
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area