Cheapest 1998 Subaru Impreza Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Subaru Impreza? Have you had enough of being strong-armed to insure your Subaru every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners.
Many car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and uncover the absolute best rates possible.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year since insurance rates change quite often. Even if you got the best deal on Impreza insurance two years ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to put money back in your pocket.
Impacting insurance rates for a Subaru Impreza
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be on Impreza insurance.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit rating is a huge factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1998 Subaru Impreza by repairing your credit.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Your job and insurance rates – Occupations like judges, executives and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as pilots, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on Impreza insurance.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to find the lowest 1998 Subaru Impreza rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for every auto insurance company. One quote request gets rate comparisons instantly.
- A more time consuming way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of going to the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from USAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to different agent offices. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional advice of a local agent. However, consumers can compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use identical deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you are comparing different liability limits it’s not possible to determine the best price for your Subaru Impreza. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding a better price.
Do insurance coverage companies bend the truth?
Insurance coverage providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all say the same thing that you can save if you switch your policy. But how can every company claim to save you money?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A driver who matches those parameters receives the best rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay more money which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why you should compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know which company will have the lowest Subaru Impreza insurance rates.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays for damage to your Impreza resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Subaru Impreza.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, surgery, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Knowledge is power
We covered many ways to lower your 1998 Subaru Impreza insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area