Cheapest 2000 Subaru Impreza Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 8, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Subaru Impreza? Perplexed by the sheer number of auto insurance options? You’re not the only one! People have so many options available that it can quickly become a real challenge to find the best price.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Finding the lowest cost protection is simple if you know the tricks. Although consumers must understand how companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Discounts to lower Subaru Impreza insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Own a Home – Owning a house can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to compare quotes from insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to find competitive 2000 Subaru Impreza insurance rates consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The fastest way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form will return price quotes direct from many companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- Another way to get quotes online is going to the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from Progressive, GEICO and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage information for every quote you compare. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Subaru Impreza. Slightly different coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
Pieces of the Subaru Impreza insurance rate puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, or theft. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be for Impreza coverage.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your car insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your Impreza may be costing you.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is my Subaru Impreza covered if I use it for business?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance myths debunked
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the ads make the same claim of big savings if you switch your coverage to them. How do they all say the same thing?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured could be between 25 and 40, owns a home, and has a short commute. A driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these standards will be quoted higher prices and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Impreza resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding, hitting a deer and falling objects. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for things like pain medications, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, structural damage and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Subaru Impreza.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Be a penny pincher
Cheap 2000 Subaru Impreza insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance coverage companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area