Cheapest 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Car insurance shopping is not a procedure consumers enjoy doing, but it’s required in every state when you drive.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using these tips. The purpose of this article is to let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, vehicle owners should learn the way companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mercedes-Benz could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates for CLK-Class coverage.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click here to view.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to know auto insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide a little information including if you went to college, if you have a valid license, whether you are single or married, and how much you drive. That information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
Is my situation unique?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, nursing services and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your CLK-Class from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Shop around and save
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just learned many ideas to shop for 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area