Cheap 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class? Having to pay for overpriced Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class insurance can dwindle your savings account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is a great way to tighten up your finances.
Consumers have many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Buying car insurance is quite easy. Just about every vehicle owner who is required by state law to have car insurance stands a good chance to be able to save money. But vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way companies sell insurance online.
Get lower rates on Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class insurance
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- College Student – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for CLK-Class coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class rates influenced by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- How’s your driving record? – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Even one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. If you have serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your CLK-Class may be wasting your money.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy on your CLK-Class policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do drivers who switch really save?
Auto insurance providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise about savings after switching your policy. How do they all make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the driver that makes them money. For example, a profitable customer might be between 25 and 40, owns a home, and has great credit. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who do not match the requirements will be charged higher premiums and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. That is why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know the company that will give you the biggest savings on Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class insurance.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, loss of income and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, theft and rock chips in glass. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
This covers damage to your CLK-Class resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Quote more, save more
Budget-conscious 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area