Cheaper 1997 Lexus LS 400 Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 10, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Lexus LS 400? Finding low-cost insurance for a Lexus LS 400 can normally be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates on a Lexus and obtain the lowest possible price.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details including what your job is, deductibles desired, whether you are single or married, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your information is then submitted to insurance companies and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for LS 400 coverage with select insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Lexus can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Lexus LS 400 rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Lexus LS 400 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
- More miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your LS 400 may be wasting your money.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Lexus. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be for LS 400 coverage.
- Big city or small town – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Higher commute times means more change of being in an accident.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus LS 400.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive protection – This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your LS 400 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Stretch your dollar
Affordable 1997 Lexus LS 400 insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area