Cheapest 1997 Honda CR-V Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Honda CR-V? Buying car insurance is not a procedure consumers enjoy, but all states require it in order to satisfy compulsory insurance requirements.
It’s smart to compare rates periodically since insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the lowest price for CR-V coverage a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for CR-V coverage depending on your company.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
Honda CR-V rate determination is complex
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many car insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse can get you a discount on car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your 1997 Honda CR-V by repairing your credit.
Insurance agents can help
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Honda CR-V.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, funeral expenses, structural damage and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, rock chips in glass, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your CR-V caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Knowledge is power
Cheap 1997 Honda CR-V insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area