Cheapest 2016 Honda CR-V Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying for expensive Honda CR-V insurance can bleed your family’s budget and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
Since you have so many companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the most affordable insurance company.
Consumers need to compare rates on a regular basis because insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on CR-V coverage six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest and easiest way to find lower rates on insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. But consumers should learn the methods companies use to determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Compare auto insurance price quotes online
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rates from local auto insurance companies. The fastest way to find competitive Honda CR-V insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This quick form prevents you from having to do separate forms to each individual auto insurance company. A single, simple form compares rates direct from many companies.
A harder way to analyze rates is to take the time to go to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s assume you want to get rates from Auto-Owners, Esurance and Allstate. You would need to navigate to each company’s site and repeatedly enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using exactly the same coverages with every price quote. If the quotes have different values for each quote you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages or limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get price quotes from those companies as well.
Discounts to earn affordable insurance coverage rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance coverage company to look at their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance coverage company qualifies for this discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance coverage policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount should help reduce your policy premium.
Large insurance coverage companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, TimeAway discount, accident-free, good student, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, air bags, federal employee, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, and air bag.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. To choose companies who offer discounts, click this link.
Informed drivers know how to buy insurance coverage at a discount
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Avoid tickets and save – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Only having one citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Careful drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when talking about insurance coverage. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Consolidate policies and save – Most larger insurance coverage companies will award better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare other insurance prices to ensure the best deal.
- Cheaper prices using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- How do annual miles impact prices? – The higher the mileage driven each year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Autos that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your CR-V may be costing you. Make sure your declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Cheaper to insure women? – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- If my 2016 Honda CR-V is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my Honda CR-V covered if I use it for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Be skeptical of auto insurance ads
Auto insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to advertise the message of big savings just by switching your auto insurance coverage to their company. How does each company say the same thing? Here is the trick they use.
Auto insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the right customer that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a profitable insured may be over the age of 40, has a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. Anybody that matches those criteria is entitled to the best price and will most likely pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who don’t meet those standards may be required to pay higher premiums and this results in the customer not purchasing. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those statements. This really drives home the point why you absolutely need to compare price quotes frequently. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the best prices for your profile.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your CR-V caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2016 Honda CR-V.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, funeral expenses, medical expenses, medical services and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like chiropractic care, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Shop smart and save
You just read many tips how you can save on 2016 Honda CR-V insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Lower-priced 2016 Honda CR-V insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
More detailed car insurance information is available by following these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area