Cheapest 1997 Ford F-350 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 7, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Ford F-350? Tired of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than most other car owners. Many insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and get the definite best rate
Factors determining your Ford F-350 insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Ford from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be on F-350 coverage.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Ford every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your F-350 may be costing you.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher insurance rates. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can really hurt. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Too many insurance claims drive up costs – If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies generally give lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving with no insurance is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Pay less if you’re married – Getting married actually saves money when buying insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates is to realize most of the larger companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like what your job is, how many miles driven, the year, make and model of vehicles, and how much education you have. Your details gets sent immediately to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes very quickly.
To check rates for your 1997 Ford F-350, click here then complete the form.
Cut your premium with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance on F-350 coverage.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on F-350 coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford F-350.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for pain medications, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, vandalism, damage from flooding, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like legal defense fees, pain and suffering, structural damage, attorney fees and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Be a Smart Shopper
Budget-conscious 1997 Ford F-350 insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area