Cheapest 1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Perplexed by the dozens of insurance coverage options? Many other consumers are too. There are so many options that it can be more work than you anticipated to find the perfect company for you.
You need to check insurance coverage prices yearly because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best deal on F-350 Super Duty insurance last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance coverage online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance.
Locating the best protection is easy if you know what you’re doing. In a nutshell, everyone who has to buy insurance will more than likely be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, car owners must understand how the larger insurance companies determine prices.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on F-350 Super Duty insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
Comparing insurance coverage rates can be challenging if you don’t utilize the most efficient way. You can waste hours talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could use the web to get prices fast.
Many of the larger companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly the insurers you want pricing from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make absolute certain that you use identical coverages and limits on every quote. If each company quotes different deductibles you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Ford F-350 Super Duty. Having just a slight variation in limits could mean much higher rates. Keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find lower pricing.
Ford F-350 Super Duty rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have serious citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent car theft.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford F-350 Super Duty is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Companies award lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty is worth?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for surgery, chiropractic care and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford F-350 Super Duty.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability car insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, structural damage and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your F-350 Super Duty caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Save for a rainy day
Cheaper 1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area