Cheapest 1996 Ford F-350 Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Ford F-350? Searching for cheaper insurance for a new or used Ford F-350 could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages for a Ford and locate the lowest possible price.
Save on Ford F-350 insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount on insurance on F-350 coverage.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on F-350 coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- E-sign – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Auto Insurance Prices Online
Finding cheaper 1996 Ford F-350 auto insurance prices is surprisingly easy. All that’s required is to take time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more time consuming way to compare rate quotes requires you to visit each individual company website to complete a price quote. For example, let’s assume you want rates from Liberty Mutual, GEICO and American Family. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using the exact same coverages with each company. If you are comparing differing limits you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from flooding, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Collision – Collision insurance pays for damage to your F-350 resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Take this to the bank
You just read a lot of tips how to get a better price on 1996 Ford F-350 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best prices are with an unexpected company.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
More detailed car insurance information is located at these sites:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area