Cheapest 1997 Cadillac DeVille Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind looks forward to buying insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive promote their brand names with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Consumers just need to learn the best way to get comparison quotes online.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Cadillac DeVille
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the factors that factor into premiums.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most insurance companies will award you with lower prices to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder car theft.
- Where you live – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- What are your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Cadillac from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on DeVille coverage.
How to Get Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Finding cheaper 1997 Cadillac DeVille car insurance prices is surprisingly easy. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates online from several insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company. In just a few minutes this one form will return price quotes from all major companies.
- A different way to get comparison quotes requires a trip to the website of each company and request a quote. For example, we’ll assume you want rates from Progressive, 21st Century and State Farm. You would have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever way you use, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to find the best deal for your Cadillac DeVille.
Do insurance coverage companies bend the truth?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make the same claim of big savings if you move your coverage to them.
How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and chooses high deductibles. A driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Consumers who do not match this ideal profile must pay more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest Cadillac DeVille insurance rates.
Save big with these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance coverage on DeVille coverage.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your premiums.
Companies that may offer these discounts are:
- The Hartford
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1997 Cadillac DeVille?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1997 Cadillac DeVille?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, bail bonds and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac DeVille.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for dental work, doctor visits, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
One last thing about your coverage
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Budget-conscious 1997 Cadillac DeVille insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance coverage companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area