1999 Cadillac DeVille Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Cadillac DeVille? Finding cheaper insurance for a Cadillac DeVille could be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages on a Cadillac and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Vehicle owners just need to understand the tricks to get comparison quotes on the web.
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a defensive driving course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Cadillac can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for DeVille coverage with a few car insurance companies.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your area.
Different people need different coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 1999 Cadillac DeVille.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, pain medications and EMT expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, vandalism, hail damage, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your DeVille resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, legal defense fees, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Be a penny pincher
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Affordable 1999 Cadillac DeVille insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance is available at these sites:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area