Cheapest 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers. With so many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s nearly impossible to pick the cheapest provider.
Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using this information. Vehicle owners just need to know the most efficient way to find the lowest price online.
Free Auto Insurance Quotes
There are a lot of ways to compare auto insurance quotes, and some are more efficient than others. You could spend your day driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers send in one quote, and every company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions to every company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to using this type of form is that you can’t choose the companies to receive prices from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have a listing of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare identical coverage information with each company. If the quotes have mixed coverages you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best.
Drivers who switch save $427 a year? Really?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. They all make an identical promise of big savings after switching your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer might be a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who do not match the “perfect” profile will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance rates.
Chevy C/K 1500 Series rate determination is complex
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine your auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate rates.
- Lower rates come with age – Older insureds are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Big city or small town – Living in a rural area can save you money when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit rating is a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series by improving your rating.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chevy C/K 1500 Series has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums for C/K Series insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive car insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 1995 Chevy C/K 1500 Series.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your C/K 1500 Series from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, funeral costs and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
More quotes. Lower rates.
Low-cost 1995 Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area