Cheapest 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the cheapest insurance for a Chevy C/K 1500 Series can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance coverage rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Chevy and obtain the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Shopping for affordable auto insurance is simple if you know the tricks. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the best way to shop their coverage around online.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as how old drivers are, marital status, the year, make and model of vehicles, and types of safety features. Your details is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
Discounts can save BIG
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for C/K Series coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount for C/K Series coverage with certain companies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1997 Chevy C/K 1500 Series?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage covers damage to your C/K 1500 Series resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, dental work, chiropractic care and pain medications. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, medical expenses, structural damage, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy C/K 1500 Series.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area