Cheapest 1993 Chevrolet Blazer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates for your Chevrolet Blazer? Paying for high-priced Chevrolet Blazer insurance can empty your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to tighten up your finances.
With consumers having so many insurance companies to choose from, it’s difficult to choose the cheapest insurance company.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage is not that difficult. Just about everyone who carries car insurance will more than likely be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, consumers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
Shopping for lower insurance coverage rates can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you could use online quoting to quickly compare rates.
Most car insurance companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers complete one form, and at least one company can provide price quotes based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for every insurance coverage company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers you want pricing from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to request quotes from, we put together a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverages and limits with every price quote. If you use higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums on Blazer insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
To see a list of providers with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1993 Chevy Blazer?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Specific coverages for a 1993 Chevy Blazer
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Blazer.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses such as nursing services, hospital visits and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Smart shoppers get results
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read a lot of tips how to shop for 1993 Chevy Blazer insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a small mutual company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area