Cheapest 1992 Honda Prelude Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Because you have many companies to choose from, it is very difficult to locate the lowest cost company.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis because rates change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Prelude coverage last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to buy cheaper insurance.
Discounts on Honda Prelude insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get better insurance rates on Prelude coverage.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on Prelude coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Honda can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Prelude coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1992 Honda Prelude?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1992 Honda Prelude?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The fine print in auto insurance ads
Auto insurance providers like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all say the same thing about savings if you change to them. But how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall outside these standards will be charged higher premiums and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. That is why it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Specific coverages for a Honda Prelude
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Prelude.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, court costs and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills such as funeral costs, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and dental work. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Knowledge is power
Cheap 1992 Honda Prelude insurance is possible both online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area