Cheapest 1991 Honda Prelude Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Honda Prelude insurance can empty your savings account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates.
Locating affordable protection is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, every vehicle owner who shops for auto insurance will most likely be able to lower their premiums. Although drivers need to have an understanding of how companies sell insurance online.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount on your policy for Prelude coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- E-sign – A few companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your state.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What is PIP insurance?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specifics of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical expenses, emergency aid, structural damage and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 1991 Honda Prelude.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like surgery, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Prelude caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
You just learned some good ideas how to compare 1991 Honda Prelude insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Discount insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Additional information is located at the links below
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area