Cheapest 1990 Chevrolet Corvette Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
You may have found yourself wondering how much you might have to pay for insurance on your classic Corvette. If this sounds like you, you should know that 1990 Chevrolet Corvette insurance rates average out to $902 a year for full coverage, which translates to a $75 monthly bill.
There are a variety of factors that ultimately impact Lexus IS 250 insurance costs, such as the age of the driver. As you read through this article, you might wonder, “Why are insurers so tough on teenagers and Corvettes?”
In order to help you effectively compare 1990 Chevy Corvette insurance rates, we will go into a lot of detail in a easy-to-follow format. Once you’ve read through the material outlined in this guide, enter your five-digit ZIP code into our free online tool to compare 1990 Corvette quotes from top companies.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Corvette? Nobody I know likes paying for auto insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much. Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with ads, and it can be hard to see through the deception and find the best price available.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons quite often because prices go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest price for Corvette insurance last year, there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop on the web.
Save with discounts on Chevy Corvette insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better insurance rates for Corvette insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices, like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
How to Get Auto Insurance
Finding a lower price on 1990 Chevy Corvette insurance is actually quite simple. All you need to do is spend a little time comparing quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- A different way to get quotes online requires a visit to the website for every company you want to compare and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Esurance and GEICO. To get each rate you have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the personal advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent, and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing identical coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one, it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Chevy Corvette.
Some factors that can determine what Chevy Corvette insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are some factor’s insurance coverage companies consider when setting your rates.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as judges, architects and financial analysts have higher average rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, engineers and performers get better rates for Corvette insurance.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Companies provide discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Only having one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit an SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your insurance coverage policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person. It has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage policy properly reflects the correct driver’s usage, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Corvette, it can result in significantly higher rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance coverage pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be for Corvette insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different a, and our policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Understanding the coverage of your policy helps when choosing the right coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below is the normal coverage offered by insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Corvette caused by a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pothole, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it for vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Chevy Corvette.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as surgery, doctor visits and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck by a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, vandalism, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and hail damage. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Summing up your auto insurance search
We just showed you a lot of tips on how to find 1990 c4 Corvette insurance costs online. The key concept to understand is that the more quotes you get, the better the likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Now that you are aware of how 1990 Chevrolet Corvette rates can fluctuate, you have a better understanding of what you might expect to pay. Still, the best way to find out what your individual policy will look like is by using our free online quote tool below.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates. Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
1990 Chevrolet Corvette Compared Against Other Vehicles in the Same Class
Experts from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety classify the 1990 Chevrolet Corvette as a midsize sports car. By comparison, other similar models include the following:
When providing you with a quote, insurance companies will consider the loss percentages of the Lexus IS 250 as it compares to other similar models in this class. As it turns out, the Corvette reflects a favorable loss percentage, which is a positive if you like low insurance rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area