Cheapest 2020 Ford EcoSport Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If shopping for car insurance quotes online is new to you, you may be confused of auto insurance companies that all promise the best rates.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Pricing the lowest cost coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. But drivers must comprehend how companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Learn how to quote car insurance for less
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Better drivers pay better costs – Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Only having one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous citations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Employer stress can make you pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations like fire fighters, social workers and medical professionals have the highest average rates due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers like actors, engineers and performers get better rates on EcoSport insurance.
- How much liability – Liability coverage will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have extra bells and whistles that can add up when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and term life insurance are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurance companies allow discounts to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Fewer miles means better rates – The more you drive your Ford in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your EcoSport is just wasting money.
- Policy lapses lead to higher rates – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Quote insurance online
Comparing insurance rates can take hours if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You could spend the better part of a day driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company can give them a price based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now enter your zip code here.
One minor caviat to using this type of system is that you can’t choose which carriers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to compare rates, we have a page of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code for insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure you’re using equivalent coverages for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits may cause a big price difference. And when comparing insurance rates, know that more quotes helps locate a lower rate.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to study driving patterns by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can earn substantially lower prices.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-car, drive less, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, early shopping, multi-car, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- USAA offers premium reductions for new vehicle, defensive driver, multi-policy, safe driver, loyalty savings, annual mileage, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my Ford EcoSport covered if I use it for business?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out your zip code.
Car insurance coverages for a Ford EcoSport
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, fire damage and vandalism. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, EMT expenses, nursing services and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Compare but don’t skimp
Cheaper 2020 Ford EcoSport insurance can be purchased both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, high prices, unfair underwriting practices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company is less work than it seems.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area