Cheapest 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 15, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV car insurance? Are you burned out from not being able to afford to make your insurance payment? You have the same problem as many other drivers. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly bombard you with catchy ads, and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop for coverage around.
If you are insured now or are comparing Chevy Bolt insurance costs for new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. Drivers just need to know the best way to shop on the internet.
Do you qualify for a discount on 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV Car Insurance coverage?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies that give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to scrutinize their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month, you may reduce your total bill.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverage like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of insurance coverage companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good drivers, claim-free, defensive drivers, good students, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, good driver, anti-theft, location of vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- Nationwide discounts include easy pay, good student, multi-policy, family plan, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- AAA may have discounts that include good drivers, good students, multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply in your area.
How to get Free 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV Car Insurance Coverage Quotes Online
Getting a low-cost price on 2020 Chevy Bolt EV insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes to compare free car insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done by following the guidelines below.
- One of the fastest ways to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form. This easy form saves time by eliminating separate forms for each company. In just a few minutes, this one form gets rate comparisons instantly.
- A more time-consuming way to find more affordable insurance consists of visiting each individual company’s website to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to see prices from Auto-Owners, Allstate and GMAC. You would have to go to every website to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affordable coverage, but be sure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage information for each quote you get. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits, it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Chevy Bolt EV.
What insurance coverage do I need?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique, so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my policy cover my teen drivers if they drive my company car?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Be Skeptical of Insurance ads
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for insurance savings by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big just by moving to them.
That’s great, but how can every company charge less that you’re paying now? You have to listen carefully.
Most companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable risk might be described as being over the age of 35, having other policies, and driving less than 5,000 miles a year. A prospective insured that matches those criteria will get low rates and will also pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who cannot meet the “perfect” profile may be required to pay a more expensive rate and this results in the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
Because each company has a different risk profile, it’s extremely important to get car insurance quotes from several companies. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you lower car insurance rates than your current company.
Detailed Coverage of Your car Insurance Policy
Understanding the coverage of car insurance can help you determine the right coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next is the usual coverage found on the average car insurance policy.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damages. Occasionally, you may see a combined single limit or CSL, which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, court costs, medical expenses and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but its cheap coverage, so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provides coverage for immediate expenses for doctor visits, funeral costs, chiropractic care and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap in your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Bolt EV resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it for vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first, then your comprehensive coverage will be paid.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from flooding, hail damage, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy Bolt EV.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually, the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Power to the Consumer
We just presented some good ideas on how to compare 2020 Chevy Bolt EV insurance car insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better the likelihood of getting inexpensive car insurance. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big – name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced auto insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, read the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area