Cheapest 2019 Honda Civic Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 24, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better insurance coverage rates for your Honda Civic? Having to pay for overpriced Honda Civic insurance can bottom out your personal savings and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Doing a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to lower your bills every month.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the best coverage at the best price available.
The cheapest insurance quotes
Comparing insurance rates can take hours if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to maximize your effort.
All the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and each company then returns a price quote based on that data. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now enter your zip code here.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose the providers to get quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code for insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you compare nearly identical coverages on every quote you get. If you use different data then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best.
Eight discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better auto insurancerates on cars that stay parked.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates on Civic coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To choose companies who offer discounts, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2019 Honda Civic?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Can switching companies really save?
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the lowest prices by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads have a common claim about saving some big amount if you switch to them.
How can each company offer drivers better rates?
Companies have an ideal profile for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable insured might be described as between 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured that matches those criteria will get very good rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Insureds who are not a match for those standards will probably have to pay higher premium rates and ends up with business not being written. The wording the ads use say “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s why insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. This emphasizes why you really need to get as many free auto insurance quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will provide you with the cheapest prices.
Specific coverages for a Honda Civic
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, ambulance fees, hospital visits and EMT expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Civic.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Civic caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
More quotes mean more savings
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2019 Honda Civic insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable auto insurance. You may even discover the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced 2019 Honda Civic insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area