2018 Honda Civic Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 19, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Do you get exhausted from sacrificing other expenses to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than the majority of other vehicle owners. You have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the lowest rates.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to buy insurance coverage on the web.
More Discounts Mean Cheaper Premiums
Insurance coverage is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some need to be asked about before being credited.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a safe driver class may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates on Civic insurance.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance coverage policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will bring down your policy cost.
The best insurance coverage companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, homeowner, good student, and claim free.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly retired, preferred payment discount, multi-car, good student, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for mature driver, paperless, safe driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, multi-policy, federal employee, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be offered in every state. To see a list of companies who offer cheap insurance coverage quotes, follow this link.
What determines cost for Honda Civic insurance rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates.
If you are driving a Honda Civic Sport, your insurance rate will likely vary from the average Honda Civic cost of insurance. Each model will carry different rates. Also, the condition of your Civic will make a difference in how much coverage you’ll want to carry.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Liability coverage limits should be high – The liability section of your policy kicks in if ever you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Gender impacts rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Females and males tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. Men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Your stress level may be raising your prices – Jobs such as doctors, airline pilots and accountants generally have the highest average rates in part from intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers like actors, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on Civic insurance.
- Younger drivers cost more – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure .Inexperience drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Stay claim-free and save – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies give the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a dented fender, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be on Civic insurance.
Your Honda insurance rates will be most affordable if you follow safe driving practices and avoid accidents.
It’s Not One Size Fits All
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I rate my 2018 Honda Civic as pleasure use or commute?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance Coverage Breakdown
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Civic resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Honda Civic.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for rehabilitation expenses, dental work, nursing services, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
You can do this!
Low-cost 2018 Honda Civic insurance is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of techniques to lower your 2018 Honda Civic insurance prices. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with the smaller companies. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More information is located below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area