Cheapest 2018 Kia Sportage Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates? Shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Kia Sportage insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Kia and get the best price possible.
It’s a good idea to compare rates every six months because auto insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rate for Sportage insurance at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Low cost car insurance
Most major insurance companies allow consumers to get prices on their websites. Doing online quotes can be done by anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the time it takes to visit several different sites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the best price on car insurance.
The smarter way to lower your rates utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the resulting price quotes. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process just takes a couple of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To quickly compare rates now, click here and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will get a price comparison for similar coverage.
Insurance policy discounts
Some providers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- SAFECO discounts include multi-car, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, air bags, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and early bird.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and defensive driver.
If you want cheap insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. To see a list of providers with significant discounts, click this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How insurers calculate Kia Sportage insurance prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings. Multiple criteria are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the items used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Annual mileage impacts prices – The higher the miles on your Kia in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance coverage is rated on the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your Sportage may be wasting your money.
- Save money by having good credit – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. People with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores. So if your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your 2018 Kia Sportage by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents , and usually have better credit.Youthful drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Gals tend to cost less – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a good thing when buying car insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates.
- Save by staying claim free – If you file a lot of claims you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies give discounts to people who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of companies afford lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Get better rates if married – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. It is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sportage from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for ambulance fees, EMT expenses, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as court costs, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Sportage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Take this to the bank
When getting insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare 2018 Kia Sportage insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Other learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area