Cheapest 2017 Kia Sportage Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
There isn’t anyone who gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
Due to the fact that there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it’s difficult to locate the most cost effective insurance provider.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. Essentially every driver who buys auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, drivers do need to learn how big insurance companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Buy insurance online
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give insurance quotes on their websites. This process is pretty painless as you just type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their rating system will order your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit several different sites and type in your information can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to get the best price on insurance.
There is a better way!
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form to return rates from more than one company. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes comparison shopping a little more enjoyable. After sending the form, it is rated and you can choose any of the pricing results. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to use this form to compare rates, click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Do you qualify for discount insurance coverage?
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden insurance coverage savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- College Student – who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Theft Deterent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance coverage companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for lower premium rates for Sportage coverage.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a driver safety course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To choose companies that offer some of these discounts, follow this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2017 Kia Sportage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2017 Kia Sportage is totaled?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Sportage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for surgery, doctor visits and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a broken windshield, theft, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, emergency aid, funeral expenses, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area