Cheapest 2020 Hyundai Sonata Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Being forced to pay for high-priced insurance premiums can sap your bank account and put a big crunch on your finances. Doing a rate comparison is a fast and free way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Many insurers vie for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the absolute best price available.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage as often as possible because prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest rates on Sonata coverage a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Save with these seven discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Sonata coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive reduced rates on Sonata coverage.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Sonata coverage with certain companies.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your auto insurance quote.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To find providers who offer auto insurance discounts, enter your zip code here.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates is to know the fact most larger insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as the ages of drivers, the make and model of your vehicles, whether or not you need a SR-22, and types of safety features. Your information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates quickly.
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
This covers damage to your Sonata resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical services, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2020 Hyundai Sonata.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a bird, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Budget-friendly car insurance can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area