Cheapest 2017 Nissan Frontier Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 9, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheap Driversinsurance can be quite difficult for people not familiar with quoting coverage prices online. With such a big selection of agents and companies competing online, it can turn into a real challenge to find cheaper insurance rates.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best deal on Frontier coverage a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the proper way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Discounts can really help to save
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease on Frontier coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance coverage because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could earn better insurance coveragerates on cars that stay parked.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Sign Online – A few insurance coverage companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
Companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, switch companies, business and professional, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, 55 and retired, good student, multi-vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, driver’s education, good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, military active duty, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for exclusive group savings, new graduate, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and multi-car.
When getting free car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply everywhere.
Learn how to quote auto insurance more affordably
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you big savings.
- Vehicle features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Liability is critical – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Lots of insurers give better rates to buyers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means lower prices – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my 2017 Nissan Frontier covered for smoke damage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as fire damage, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like nursing services, dental work, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like emergency aid, bail bonds, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Nissan Frontier.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Smart consumers save more
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced 2017 Nissan Frontier insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just covered many ways to get a better price on 2017 Nissan Frontier insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area