Cheapest 2017 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 19, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive auto insurance can consume your funds and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. But if you are buying a used car, is Jeep Wrangler insurance expensive?
Doing a rate comparison is a fast and free way to ensure you are getting the best deal on car insurance in your state.
Online insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive promote their brand names with ads and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Jeep Wrangler Car Insurance Coverage Options
Understanding the coverages of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident, and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things such as emergency aid, loss of income, structural damage, and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from flooding, hitting a deer, hail damage, falling objects, and rock chips in the glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Jeep Wrangler.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This covers damage to your Wrangler from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical Payments/PIP Coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills such as doctor visits, ambulance fees, pain medications, and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Get Low Jeep Wrangler Car Insurance Rates with these Discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Jeep could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on an auto insurance quote.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, early bird, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and a good student.
- State Farm has savings for good students, students away at school, multiple policies, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- 21st Century includes discounts for defensive drivers, automatic seat belts, air bags, good students, student drivers, and theft prevention.
- Travelers discounts include continuous insurance, student away at school, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, federal employee, driver training, air bags, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Jeep Wrangler Car Insurance Cost Factors
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward them with cheaper rates.
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Car safety features – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries mean fewer claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Jeep Wrangler scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Marital status – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Occupation – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as military personnel, executives, and dentists generally have the highest rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, engineers, and performers pay the least for Wrangler coverage.
- Lapses in car insurance coverage – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines and jail time.
- City and state – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when buying car insurance. A lower population translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances mean more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Credit rating – A driver’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your 2017 Jeep Wrangler by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- Mileage – Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Wrangler can cost quite a bit.
Customize Car Insurance Coverage
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie-cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
Compare Quotes to Save on Jeep Wrangler Car Insurance
You just read many ways to reduce 2017 Jeep Wrangler insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money.
You may even find the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorists or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part.
Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Wrangler Unlimited insurance rates and still be able to protect your assets.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area