Cheapest 2018 Hyundai Tucson Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Hyundai Tucson? Have you had enough of not being able to afford to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than most other people.
Since people have many insurance companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to locate the most cost effective car insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices occasionally since prices change regularly. If you had the lowest quotes on Tucson insurance last year you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Cheap insurance coverage rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates on Tucson insurance.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching companies early. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive get insurance coverage on your computer.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of insurance coverage companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple policy, multiple autos, and good student.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, business or organization, family plan, anti-theft, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, defensive driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- 21st Century discounts include defensive driver, homeowners, teen driver, student driver, and driver training.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
Check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2018 Hyundai Tucson is totaled?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete your zip code.
Be skeptical of insurance ads
Big name companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run television and radio advertisements. They all try to convey promises that people will save if you switch your policy. How does every insurance company charge lower premium rates? It’s all in the numbers.
Most companies have specific criteria for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. An example of a profitable customer could possibly be a female over age 40, has never had a policy lapse, and insures a new vehicle. Anyone that fits those parameters will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who may not quite match those criteria will probably have to pay higher rates and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The ads say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That’s why companies can make claims that they all have the best premium rates. Because each company has a different risk profile, you really need to compare free insurance coverage quotes often. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, bail bonds, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, chiropractic care, surgery and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Tucson resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
At the end of the day…
Lower-priced insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for cheap insurance coverage quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce 2018 Hyundai Tucson insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote insurance coverage, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area