Cheapest 2017 Honda HR-V Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 11, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Honda HR-V? Wish you could get a refund on high-priced auto insurance? Don’t feel bad because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the best coverage at the best price available.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Nevertheless, consumers need to have an understanding of the way companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Shop car insurance online
There are several ways to compare car insurance prices but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend your afternoon talking to agents in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most of the larger companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers submit one quote, and at least one company provides a quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company.
To get comparison pricing now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify the companies you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to compare prices, we have a listing of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be certain you are entering the exact same coverage data for every company. If you enter different coverage information it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Having just a slight variation in coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes will enable you to find more affordable insurance. Some smaller insurers to not give online rate quotes, so you also need to get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost insurance coverage rates
Insurance coverage is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison to bad drivers.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on HR-V coverage but check with your company.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable auto insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Good Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more on HR-V coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good student, age of vehicle, multi-car, annual mileage, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, business or organization, family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, daytime running lights, good student, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, anti-theft, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When getting free auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Is there truth in advertising?
Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all seem to seem to make the promise about savings if you change your coverage. How does every company offer drivers better rates? This is the trick they use.
All companies look for specific characteristics for the driver that earns them a profit. One example of a profitable risk profile may be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a claim, and chooses high deductibles. Any person who fits those characteristics is entitled to the best price and will most likely save a lot if they switch.
Insureds who don’t qualify for the requirements will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates which translates to the customer not buying. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates.
Because of these techniques, you absolutely need to compare as many free auto insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2017 Honda HR-V.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your HR-V caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like hospital visits, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, medical expenses, funeral expenses, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Saving money is sweet as honey
The cheapest 2017 Honda HR-V insurance can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We covered many ideas to get a better price on 2017 Honda HR-V insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable auto insurance. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area