Cheapest 2017 Audi Q7 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 10, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance for an Audi Q7 can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Audi and get the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
It’s important to price shop coverage once or twice a year because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal for Q7 insurance on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Get lower-cost rates with discounts
Companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of your policy.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- American Family may offer discounts for early bird, good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, good student, safe driver, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, multiple policy, safe vehicle, accident-free, passive restraint, and good student.
- Travelers may include discounts for early quote, good student, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, seat belt use, daytime running lights, driver training, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
Audi Q7 insurance rate factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- High physical damage deductibles equal low rates – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your Audi from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive for Q7 insurance.
- Cheaper to insure women? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males have accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Commute or pleasure use – The higher the miles on your Audi each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage. Improper usage on your Q7 is just wasting money.
- Stress out and pay more – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like military personnel, architects and emergency personnel generally have higher premium rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like scientists, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums for Q7 insurance.
- Get cheaper prices if you’re married – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- How much liability coverage do you need? – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Cheaper rates by consolidating – The majority of insurance companies will award lower prices for people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to compare other insurance prices to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Older drivers pay less – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims and get fewer tickets.Youthful drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2017 Audi Q7.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, fire damage and hitting a deer. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for doctor visits, funeral costs and hospital visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents. More affordable insurance coverage is possible both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to save on 2017 Audi Q7 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost auto insurance. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area