Cheapest 2016 Toyota Camry Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 22, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you’re new to shopping for car insurance quotes online, you can easily be overwhelmed thanks to the vast number of insurance coverage companies offering coverage.
Shop car insurance online
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you don’t utilize the most efficient way to do it. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many of the larger companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and every company then returns a price quote. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for each company you want a rate for.
To find out what other companies charge click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is you cannot specify the companies to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, try to use the same coverages on every quote you get. If you enter differing limits it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Toyota Camry. Just a small difference in coverages may cause a big price difference. Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
Discounts to earn cheap car insurance rates
Some companies don’t always publicize every disount available very well, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy car insurance online.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure several vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease on Camry coverage with a few car insurance companies.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, anti-theft, good student, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, driver’s education, passive restraint, good student, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Esurance has discounts for safety device, DriveSense, online quote, claim free, good student, paid-in-full, and homeowner.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, good student, and defensive driver.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2016 Toyota Camry?
- Is my 2016 Toyota Camry covered for flood damage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is my Toyota Camry covered if I use it for business?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Informed consumers know how to quote auto insurance more affordably
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you big savings.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Employer impacts prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers like fire fighters, executives and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like actors, students and performers pay lower than average rates on Camry coverage.
- Reduce prices by staying claim free – Insurance companies award lower rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Combine policies and save – Most larger insurance companies allow discounts for people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare other insurance prices to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated Camry may be costing you. Verify your policy reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Always keep your coverage in place – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Theft deterrents lowers premiums – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Little extras can really add up – Policies have add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Tickets inflate premiums – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers with careless violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, theft, hail damage and vandalism. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, medical expenses and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, doctor visits, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Camry resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Camry.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Quote more, save more
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce 2016 Toyota Camry insurance premium rates online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Discount 2016 Toyota Camry insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area