How Much Does 2016 Scion iM Car Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Scion iM? Shopping for the cheapest car insurance on the web is problematic for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. With such a large number of insurers to choose from, how can you effectively compare every one to find the best available rates?
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. The purpose of this post is to teach you the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, vehicle owners do need to know how insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
How to Lower Your Insurance Cost
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find the lowest 2016 Scion iM rates consists of shopping online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to get quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form will return price quotes instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A harder way to shop for insurance online consists of going to the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Scion iM. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in large price differences. Keep in mind that quoting more will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Best discounts on Scion iM coverage
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive reduced rates for iM coverage.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for iM coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2016 Scion iM is worth?
- Does my 2016 Scion iM qualify for pleasure use?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2016 Scion iM?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Scion iM
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The following are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Scion iM earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2016 Scion iM by improving your credit score. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your iM caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Smart shoppers get results
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your 2016 Scion iM insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
Lower-priced insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Additional auto insurance information is available below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area