Cheapest 2016 Chevrolet Traverse Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 18, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Traverse? Cutting costs on auto insurance can seem to be slightly frustrating for beginners to quoting and comparing rates online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can easily be a big hassle to find cheaper rates.
You should take the time to do price comparisons as often as possible because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best premium rates for Traverse insurance six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How much does car insurance cost?
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can take hours if you don’t utilize the most efficient way to do it. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Many companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers complete one form, and each participating company then gives them pricing. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to each individual car insurance company.
To get comparison pricing now click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which providers to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be certain you are entering the exact same coverage data for each quote you get. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Quoting even small variations in coverages could throw off the whole comparison. And when quoting car insurance, remember that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting better pricing. Some smaller insurers to not give online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from them as well.
Earn discounts on insurance coverage
Some insurers don’t always advertise all disounts very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive get car insurance on their website.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small decrease in premiums for Traverse insurance.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount on insurance coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for Traverse insurance than drivers with accidents.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of insurance coverage companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and good student.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, good student, family plan, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, membership and employees, military active duty, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- AAA has discounts for good student, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- 21st Century discounts include air bags, good student, student driver, 55 and older, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and early bird.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, air bag, and driver training.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer online insurance coverage quotes, click here to view.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2016 Chevy Traverse?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills like hospital visits, chiropractic care, surgery and pain medications. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area