Cheapest 2016 Audi A6 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your Audi A6? Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced auto insurance? Believe me, you’re not the only one. Since consumers have many insurance providers from which to choose, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest price company.
It’s a great practice to check auto insurance prices periodically due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best deal for A6 coverage last year you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Vehicle owners only need to know the proper way to shop over the internet.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates is to know the trick almost all companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether you have decent credit, how your vehicles are used, marital status, and how much education you have. The data is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates almost instantly.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10% for A6 coverage.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in your area.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Why your Audi A6 insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. It usually means you are more responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance companies give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single moving violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you switch your policy.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer might be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t meet the requirements must pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This illustrates why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings on Audi A6 insurance.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
This provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as surgery, ambulance fees, doctor visits, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will pay to fix damage to your A6 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Power to the consumer
Cheaper 2016 Audi A6 insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area