Cheapest 2015 Toyota Prius Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance prices for your Toyota Prius can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Toyota and find the cheapest rates.
It’s smart to shop coverage around on a regular basis because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best deal for Prius insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get a lot of great tips on how to buy insurance cheaper.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance?
Finding lower insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- Probably the best way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One quote request will return quotes direct from many companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes requires a trip to each company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare Progressive, Safeco and GEICO. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using apples-to-apples quote information for each comparison quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to make an equal comparison.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Prius insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts are:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Some factors that can determine what Toyota Prius insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
- Sex matters – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. They both have accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Even one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. If you have severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your location is important – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when buying insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all say the same thing about savings if you move your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer might be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be charged a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. That is why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which auto insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, EMT expenses, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, vandalism and falling objects. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Prius.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Be a smart shopper
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your 2015 Toyota Prius insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
Discount insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area