Cheapest 2015 Scion tC Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating better insurance prices for your Scion tC can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes on a Scion and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for tC insurance depending on your company.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance for tC insurance.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for tC insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, attorney fees, bail bonds and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your tC from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, falling objects, hail damage and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills like X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Do the work, save more money
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance coverage companies can be pretty painless.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Low-cost 2015 Scion tC insurance can be bought from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be read at these links:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area