Cheapest 2015 Nissan Altima Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Nissan Altima? Having to pay for overpriced Nissan Altima insurance can dwindle your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more difficult to compare company pricing.
How to Get Auto Insurance
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The simplest method to compare 2015 Nissan Altima insurance prices is to get quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
- Probably the best way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for every auto insurance company. Filling out one form will return price quotes instantly.
- A more time consuming way to shop for auto insurance online requires a visit to the website for each individual company and request a quote. For instance, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Safeco and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is to drive around to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, find lower rates online and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use identical quote information for each price quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
Why your Nissan Altima insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- A clean driving record saves money – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Only having one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets such as DUI or reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- More miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Make sure your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Altima can cost quite a bit.
- Where you live can impact rates – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Altima insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Student – This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance for Altima insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurers with the best insurance discounts, click here to view.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2015 Nissan Altima?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Should I buy full coverage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses such as X-ray expenses, dental work, funeral costs and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like falling objects, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2015 Nissan Altima.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
You can do this!
We just covered many ideas to reduce 2015 Nissan Altima insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Discount insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area