Cheapest 2014 Scion tC Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Purchasing the cheapest insurance on the internet can seem to be challenging for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. Because there are so many companies in the marketplace, how can drivers have a chance to compare every company to locate the lowest price?
It’s important to check insurance prices at least once a year since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates on tC coverage six months ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some of the best ways to reduce your insurance bill.
Finding cheaper insurance is quite easy. Essentially anyone who carries insurance will be able to cut their insurance bill. But car owners do need to learn the methods companies use to market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Student in College – Kids in college living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on tC coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying car insurance on tC coverage.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits are:
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
Why your Scion tC might be costing you more
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies provide discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Even one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. If you have serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your insurance coverage rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to say the same thing that you’ll save big after switching your policy. How can each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer might be between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher rates and this can result in business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, you should get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance companies will have the lowest Scion tC insurance rates.
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverages – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, vandalism and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for dental work, funeral costs, ambulance fees, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your tC resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
More quotes mean more savings
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
You just learned a lot of tips how to compare 2014 Scion tC insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area