Cheapest 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, there are many people just like you.
Because there are so many options, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the best company.
The purpose of this article is to instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Nevertheless, consumers need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy for Spark EV coverage.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Spark EV coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for Spark EV coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance coverage rates, click here to view.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2014 Chevy Spark EV to commute?
- Is my Chevy Spark EV covered if I use it for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for surgery, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, hitting a deer and hail damage. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Spark EV from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, court costs, structural damage, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Buy online or local, you save
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce 2014 Chevy Spark EV insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-conscious insurance can be bought online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More information can be found at the links below
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area