Cheapest 2013 Mazda3 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates for your Mazda Mazda3? Purchasing the cheapest car insurance on the internet can be difficult for beginners to comparison shopping online. With a ridiculous number of choices, how can you have a chance to compare them all to find the cheapest available price?
It is always a good idea to check car insurance prices quite often because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best price for Mazda3 coverage on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. Just about everyone who buys insurance coverage will most likely be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies price online insurance.
Discounts are basically free money
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for Mazda3 coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
How to Get Insurance
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates and find the best price. The easiest way to find the cheapest 2013 Mazda Mazda3 insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the simplest ways to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This method eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. One quote request compares rates from multiple low-cost companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes requires a trip to the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from GEICO, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. You would have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use identical quote information for each price quote. If you compare differing limits it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when comparison shopping, comparing more company’s prices helps you find the best offered rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When buying adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2013 Mazda Mazda3?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- If my 2013 Mazda Mazda3 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mazda Mazda3.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like theft, falling objects, vandalism, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like hospital visits, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2013 Mazda Mazda3 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area