View 2013 Hyundai Genesis Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 13, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Hyundai Genesis? Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Hyundai Genesis can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates on a Hyundai and locate the cheapest rates.
Hyundai Genesis insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as judges, architects and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as pilots, students and performers pay the least on Genesis insurance.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Hyundai earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance Coverage?
Performing a rate comparison can be a daunting task if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
All the larger companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and each company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. To find out how much you can save on insurance coverage click here (opens in new window).
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using exactly the same coverages on every quote. If you have different values for each quote it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Hyundai Genesis.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Drivers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings after switching your coverage to them.
How can each company say the same thing?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a desirable insured could be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. Any new insured who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted a higher premium which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. This emphasizes why drivers must compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which company will provide you with the cheapest Hyundai Genesis insurance rates.
Discounts are basically free money
Companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better insurance rates on Genesis insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may trigger a insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Hyundai Genesis.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, hail damage, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for chiropractic care, hospital visits, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, bail bonds, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Don’t break the bank
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, high prices and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Affordable 2013 Hyundai Genesis insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area