Cheapest 2013 Ford Edge Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Ford Edge? Overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance companies? You’re not alone. People have so many options available that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find lower rates.
You should make it a habit to compare rates before your policy renews because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price for Edge coverage a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details like if you are currently licensed, how much education you have, how much you drive, and if the car is leased. That information is submitted instantly to many different companies and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
Do drivers who switch really save $439 a year?
Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you move to their company. How does each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured might be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who fits that profile will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. That is why you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the lowest Ford Edge insurance rates.
Discounts are basically free money
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy for Edge coverage.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for Edge coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Double check with every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2013 Ford Edge is totaled?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2013 Ford Edge.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as vandalism, damage from flooding, theft, falling objects and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as chiropractic care, nursing services, pain medications, surgery and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, emergency aid and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
A penny earned…
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2013 Ford Edge insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area